The measure of our thinking can be determined by how we view each situation that we are faced with in our life. I have read The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz about two years ago and it is a book that I keep close to me and even if i don’t take it up to read, the name on the book always remind me to think big. Thinking big is a choice and you too have that choice.
I want to share with you five (5) situations from The Magic of Thinking Big on how to measure your thinking. This way you can have an idea on the level of your thinking.
- In regards to your Future: Do you view it as limited or See the future as very promising.
- In regards to your personal Goal: Do you set your goals low? Or, Do you set your goals high?
- In regards to Mistakes: Do you magnify minor errors by turning them into big issues? Or, Do you ignores errors of little consequence.
- In regards to your Progress: Do you believe in retrenchment or at best the status quo? Or, Do you believe in expansion.
- In regards to the people you surround yourself with (Companionship): Do you surround yourself with individuals with a pessimistic outlook? Or, Do you surround yourself with individuals with large, progressive ideas? (Optimistic individuals)
Big Thinkers always stretch their vision. This is where; they see what can be and not just what is. It is said that to grow big you want to be thinking big. Are you thinking? Remember, you are what you think. In fact, it always pays great reward to practice adding value to things, to people and to yourself. Most importantly, don’t sell your sell short because big thinkers don’t. Guess what? You are a big thinker! If not yet, start NOW!