What life lessons have you learned over the years? That was the question I pose to myself today whilst the students were taking their in class exam. Before I even had the chance to begin listing what I have learned I went off into a stare as I reflected, hoping the students didn’t see that I was day dreaming. As I snapped back to the present I started quickly began jotting things down. However, as I do I realized how interesting my life has been dispute the adversities, trials and stumbles that I have experienced. I have also had a lot of successes, but despite what the experiences were, they all helped to mold and build the person I am today. These that I’m going to share with you I hope they inspire, motivate and even challenge you in some way or another.
I’m going dive into the 32 essential life lessons that I’ve learned over the years. Well, I realized most of these in my later years because I never use to pay attention to what life was teaching me.
- Be grateful for everything. Being grateful is what changed things for me. My biggest breakthroughs came after I started to appreciate more of what I already had.
- Trust thyself. I realized that trusting myself is essential, especially in realizing my own capabilities. I’ll never forget that the universe is always there to support me as things always happen for my good.
- Action eliminates fear. The moment I faced the things that I feared most of the fear disappeared.
- Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken, and we have to know that we also have something to offer. Being a copycat will only suffocate that which is me.
- Don’t take life too seriously. Before I realized this very essential lesson I used to get upset at the littlest things. Although I didn’t express it all the time, the upset feeling would linger inside.
- You don’t need to be perfect to begin. You can wait a lifetime and still never reach perfection. As it is said, “Come as you are,” not when you are at your best.
- There is always more in us than we initially think. The moment we start to take action and believe in ourselves is the moment that we start to see that we are more than capable.
- Procrastination hinders progress. To get something out of life we can’t just talk about it. We have to get busy and do something about it.
- Happiness is not found in something outside of us. Happiness is an inside job. It all comes from within. The moment I realized that in order to find happiness I must go within, was the moment seeking someone else’s approval and validation was no longer necessary.
- Forgiveness is what strengthens and lightens the heart. Understanding the power of forgiveness, I came to the realization that it wasn’t so much about the other person, it was about me and my growth (expansion).
- Obedience is abundance.
- The only time I have is now. Therefore, it’s important to make use of the present moment.
- Realize that we win some and we lose some. Despite the results we have to realize that life goes on.
- Hurting people hurt people. When you are hurting, sometimes unconsciously you do the same to others. Learn to heal yourself in order to give your true self.
- Appreciate everybody that comes into your life. Know that they are there for a reason. Have you been taking notes?
- We are powerful beyond measure. The moment you realize that you are not inferior to anyone is the moment you’ll stop belittling yourself and your abilities.
- Surround yourself with people who love and support you. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who are energy drainers and don’t want to see you advance in life.
- We are an extension of our creator. Therefore, we are able to create, and that’s something you must believe.
- When you complain you remain. Complaining uses up a lot of unnecessary energy that could be used to accomplish something that is more valuable.
- We are not here to change other people. Our responsibility is to manage ourselves.
- You have to drop the baggage that weighs you down if you want to accomplish your life’s purpose.
- Sometime you’ll out grow your friends. I’ve heard that if the people who you hang around with don’t challenge you, it’s time to seek higher grounds.
- The things we think about we bring about. We should be more mindful of the things we dwell on throughout our day.
- You must celebrate as you go along. It is important that we savor even the small successes. Doing so will also boost your self-confidence.
- What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- You can always get better. No matter how good you are you must continue to work on yourself.
- Sometimes you have to say “NO” even to the people you love in order to have your “YES’s”
- In order to grow and expand, one has to be willing to go outside his/her comfort zone.
- Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
- Everyone has the option to energize their thoughts. Remember, the outlook/thoughts you’ve used to get where you are, will not get you to where you want to be. Energize your thoughts.
- Know that you have what it takes to achieve the life you want to live.
- Limitations are self-imposed. We can always go beyond where we tell ourselves we can’t. No one can stop you but you.
Please remember to: LIKE|SHARE|REBLOG|COMMENT
Thanks for stopping by!
THE BEST IS STILL WITHIN YOU!