Bad habits can be broken, but if they are habits that have been a part of your life for years, they are going to take some time to overcome. We have the power to start new habits, but to make them become a part of our daily lives we have to be patient and at the same time be consistent with our effort. Bad habits are no joke; they can hinder the progress in our lives. We all want to make progress and be productive.
One important thing about breaking bad habits is not to eliminate them but to replace them with new habits that will allow us to make the progress we want in our lives.
- In order to break a bad habit, you will have to first admit that you have a bad habit that you’d like to stop doing.
- After recognizing the habit, you will have to find a new habit that you’ll like to replace the existing habit with.
- Once you decide to start a new habit, share it with someone that will hold you accountable so you can stick with what you said you are going to do.
- To give your new habit root, you have to be consistent with your effort. Remember, change isn’t going to happen overnight. So, be patient.
- Once you decide to change your habit, you may also want to change your associations. If you are going to be around the same set of people, you may regress. So, start associating yourself with people who don’t condone your old habit. Remember what they say, birds of a feather flock together.
When you begin your new approach to breaking your bad habits you MUST:
- Believe in yourself
- Act in the light of what you want to manifest
- Decide to do something daily to solidify your new way of life
- Harness your possibilities with positive thinking
- Affirm with positive action daily
- Bear in mind that the process will take some time
- Apply yourself fully to your new habit
- Talk positively to yourself, even when the new habit is challenging
Breaking bad habits are possible. If you have a bad habit, don’t feel sorry for yourself, that’s a waste of time. Get busy and apply these steps; for your success to be possible you must believe in yourself.
Thank you for your support!
THE BEST IS STILL WITHIN YOU!