Somebody has to tell you, and it’s this, self-pity is unattractive, but you can get out of it!
Do you know who stand in your way of getting ahead most of the time? Yes, you got it right! You and it happens to the best of us. However, before you downplay yourself one more time, go ahead make a list of the things that you are grateful for. What this will do is create a shift in thinking. You have heard it, change the way you think, and things will begin to change. Let’s change some things for the better!
“Feeling sorry for yourself and your present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst possible habit you could have.” – Dale Carnegie
Let’s look at some ways to get out of the self-pity mentality:
- Select your thoughts carefully because we become what we think.
- Eliminate pitiful thinking by exercising positive thinking daily, and you can enhance that way of thinking through reading.
- Love your way of the pit by finding everything about yourself that you love.
- Focus on the positive things in your life, and not the negative because what you focus on multiplies.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Identify the good things about you. What are some of your strengths?
- Talk with people who can influence you positively.
- You determine how you are going to feel: you can be pitiful or purposeful-choose!
How did you get in the self-pity mentality in the first place? Simple, you stop seeing your worth maybe from the not so pleasant things that you have experienced or experiencing. I want to remind you to be gentle with yourself because life happens and not all times the way you want it. The thing is the unpleasant situation doesn’t make you less valuable and don’t allow it to. Although brushing yourself off and go at life again can be hard, it is imperative that you do. Your dream is still floating out there, but if you remain in self-pity mentally, you will only limit yourself from experiencing what is possible.
To heal from your adverse situation is possible, but the starting point is how you begin to see yourself.
IT IS POSSIBLE TO GO BEYOND LIMITATIONS. IT MAY NOT BE EASY, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE.
Thank you for your support!
THE BEST IS STILL WITHIN YOU!